|Jim's Photo - Texas (Not The Colony)|
Lots of Land mentioned the following:
JAMES POWER, a native of Ireland, and James Hewetson, a resident of Monclova, contracted on June 11, 1828, with the legislature of Coahuila-Texas for the introduction of two hundred families, half Irish and half Mexican. The central government gave its permission for the colony to be located within the ten-league coastal area.
From this source:
The upper boundary of the Power and Hewetson colony extended well into the present county of Goliad... .