Saturday, September 17, 2016

Benjamin Franklin And The Constitution



A Portion Of The Scene At The Signing Of The Constitution


An excerpt of The New Nation Grows, Volume Two, included the following "[from a speech at the Constitutional Convention in 1787 written by Benjamin Franklin (read by Mr. Wilson)]:... ."

"I confess that there are several parts of this Constitution which I do not at present approve, but I am not sure I shall never approve them. For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged by better information, or fuller consideration, to change opinions even on important subjects, which I once thought right, but found to be otherwise. It is therefore that, the older I grow, the more apt I am to doubt my own judgment, and to pay more respect to the judgment of others."



No comments: