Sunday, September 19, 2021

Joined The Yanks


 I know they are nothing less,  It is treason, and those that sell to them will be dealt with as traitors to their country,  Yet I feel assured it was ignorance in some,  They couldn't deceive me in any such a manner,   how true the adage, 'The love of money is the root of all evils',  


Huntsville, Alabama, Garden


There were one hundred Alabamians Joined the Yanks, to day,  shame, shame on them,   Traitors to their country, how I detest them,  How true the expression, 'He who is a traitor to his country, is a serpent, which turns to bite the bosom that warms it,' I sincerely hope they will be Justly retributed,  Saturday 19,  Cheering news, The report of Mr Robinson's death all false, he is improving, hope he will continue so. (From Miss Priscilla Larkin: The Civil War Diary of a Southern Belle).



No comments: